Our mission, vision and values
We are driven by a single purpose and guided by a set of beliefs that help us stay focused and inspired to achieve our goals.
Our vision statement
The vision of Gudjagang Ngara li-dhi is “Listen to the Children”
Gudjagang Ngara li-dhi empowers the lives of young Aboriginal children, young people and families living on Darkinjung Country through early intervention and prevention services and specialised casework.
We provide positive opportunities for inclusion in relationships, community experiences and activities, connections through country, spiritualist and culture that promote a true sense of belonging and happiness.
RESPECT – Respecting self, community, country and our ancestors.
INCLUSION – Actively creating cultural and spiritual belonging in a safe space.
SOCIAL JUSTICE – Recognising the continual struggle against racism and oppression for all Aboriginal people and the right for self-determination.
INTEGRITY – Acting with truth, transparency, consistency and predictability.
NGARA – Listening to one another through continual cultural learning.
GUDJAGANG – Generations gathering in caring and healing ways.
Our strategic goals
1. COUNTRY Provide connection and stability for our children, young people and families residing on Darkinjung country.
2. OUR STORY Work collaboratively with our community and key stakeholders
3. SAFETY Ensure our way of knowing, being and doing underpins our work
4. HEALING Continuously measure and evaluate our healing ways.
5. CULTURE Our model of care enhances service delivery.