Aboriginal Family & Community Space
The Space is a cultural community centre that provides cultural therapy and positive opportunities for inclusion in relationships, community experiences and activities, and connections to country, spirituality and culture that promote a true sense of belonging and happiness
Using a service coordination framework to maximise service provider network collaboration and complementary servicing, Aboriginal people are supported in a spirit of reciprocity to build their capacity building using ‘Ngara’, deep listening to one another through continual cultural learning.
The Space is vital for Aboriginal families, children and young people to move forward to build their social and economic capacity and independence. The goal of the Space is to deliver responsive and flexible prevention and early intervention activities and supports to meet the needs of Aboriginal families, children and young people.
The following children, youth, family & community supports services are offered:
- Community events
- Evidence-based early intervention programs
- Cultural therapy and resources
- Family casework and referral services
- Transition to school support
- Parenting programs
- Case coordination and planning
- Outreach/inreach services
- Family capacity building and case management
- Education and skills training
- Cultural programs and community activities.